Visa Requirements for UAE Entry – Visitors from the following group do not require a VISA to enter UAE or can be issued a VISA upon their arrival in the country:
- GCC Nationals could enter UAE as long as they have a valid passport issued by their country of origin. Their escorts including domestic helpers, who have a valid residency visa, could also enter the country and will be issued a visa for a renewable duration of 60 days.
- GCC Residents who are not GCC nationals but who have a high professional status like company managers, businessmen, pharmacists , auditors, doctors, accountants, engineers or employees working in the public sector are eligible for non-renewable 30 day visa upon their arrival in the country. It also applicable to their family members and persons under their sponsorship.
- Citizen of the following countries are given 30 days renewable visa upon their arrival free of charge: Greece, Australia, Germany, Belgium, Japan, Denmark, Liechtenstein, France, Malaysia, Finland, Hong Kong, San Marino, Iceland, Singapore, Ireland, Spain, Italy, Sweden, Luxembourg, United States of America, Monaco, Vatican, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Portugal, United Kingdom (with right of Abode in UK), Republic of Korea, and Switzerland.
Any other individuals not mention above shall be required a Visa and a sponsor to visit. The sponsor will apply for the visa in his/her behalf.
- Hotels & Tourist companies can apply a Tourist Visa (valid for 30 days) or a Service Visa (valid for 14 days); or a Visit Visa (valid for 30 days and can be extended for another 30 days).
- Airlines and Airlines Handlers may apply on behalf of their crew members for a 96-hour Transit Visa
- Other Organizations based in the UAE may apply for Visit Visas and Service Visas.
- Individuals (Relatives or Friends) already resident in the UAE may also apply on your behalf for a Visit Visa, subject to some guidelines provided by the Immigration Department.
Documents needed for Visa Issuance
- Visa Application
- Passport copies (applicant and companions). Passport must be valid for at least 6 months. The copy must have clear passport photo.
- A letter to specify sponsor, whether from the country’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs or its diplomatic mission.
- Letter specifying the type required permission (tourist, business, etc.)
- Permission classification (short term, long term, multiple entry, complementary)
Applications have to be fully completed and the information should be typed, if possible. Allow sufficient time for the visa issuance which is at least 48 hours. The visa is valid for 60 days before entering the country.
UAE Visa Types
UAE issue different types of visa depending on the duration of visit, purpose of visit and sponsor of the visitor.
Multiple Entry Visa
This type of visa is issued to visitors on board cruise ships where their schedule includes entering the country more than once in a single trip.
A Multiple entry visa could also be issued to business visitors who have a relationship with either a multinational or reputable local company, and who visits UAE frequently. The visa is valid for six months from the date of issue with 30 days duration of each stay.
To obtain a multiple entry visa the visitor must enter the country on a Visit Visa then afterwards apply for the multiple entry visa.
This visa applies to tourist who will be staying in UAE for more than 14 days to visit family or for a long-term business visit. A sponsor (UAE resident or any company or hotel licensed to operate in the UAE) who will make a refundable guarantee is required to obtain a Visit Visa. A Long term (90days) or a Short term (30 days) Visit Visa maybe issued depending on the request and capacity of the sponsor. Both types of visa are not renewable.
Individual tourist from Turkey, Singapore, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Poland, South Africa, Ukraine, Albania, Thailand, Russia, the Hellenic Republic, China, St Kitts-Navis, St Lucia, Martinique, Mexico, Belize, Cuba, Bermuda, Guyana, French Guiana, Antigua and Barbuda, East and West Europe, St Vincent, Jamica, Other non-defined American Nationalities, Palao and Malta may obtain a Tourist Visa. The visa is valid for 30 days upon arrival and may be renewed for another 30 days.
Mission Visa is issued to businessmen and highly qualified professionals. This visa is valid for 14 days and is non-renewable.
Transit passengers stopping for a minimum of 8 hours could be issued a 96-hour Transit Visa. This visa is also issued to Airline crews. Emirates airline and Etihad Airways arrange the visa for their passengers while Marhaba Services process for passengers of other airlines.
Licensed universities or educational institutions in the UAE could sponsor and apply for visa of incoming students. The visa is for 90 days renewable twice.
Medical Treatment Visa
Public and private medical establishments in UAE could sponsor patients seeking medical treatment. This visa is valid for 60 days and can be renewed two times for the same period.
Exhibitions/Festivals/Conferences for Government and Private Establishments
This type of visa is issued to visitors who will be attending exhibitions, festivals or conferences sponsored by government and private establishments. The non-renewable visa issued is valid for 30 days from the date of arrival in the country.
Other Type of VISA
German citizens are eligible for a one or two year multiple entry visa without sponsor. This visa is applied with the UAE embassy in Germany. The maximum duration of stay of the visa holders should not exceed three months per year.
US citizens may also apply for a multiple entry visa in UAE embassies in the US. The visa is valid for ten years and will be allowed to stay for duration not to exceed six months per visit. A sponsor is required to obtain the visa which is granted for free.
Canadian citizens who wish to enter the country can apply for visa with the UAE Embassy in Canada. Emirates Airlines and Etihad Airways in Canada could also do the processing of the visa. They may also get visa through travel agencies and hotels in the UAE.
For more complete information regarding VISA requirements the visitors should inquire with their regional UAE embassy or consulate and to the airline they will be using on their visit as regulations change from time to time.