Travel the world and spread the message of love and peace.
Like many travelers, I believe that travel can widen a person’s horizons, break the cultural stereotypes and best of all, share what is best about being human.
Since travel lets you connect to people, feel and see human compassion and find lifelong friendships, this passion for travel can be made into a mission of spreading peace to the world.
But how can a traveler actually spread peace while hopping from one place to another? Check out these travel tips below:
- Travel with a kind heart and an open mind
- Acknowledge the diversity encountered with grace and gratitude
- Respect and protect the natural environment wherever place you are. You value the earth means you respect the people living there.
- Appreciate cultural traditions you discover. Show appreciation to your country host by eating local food, trying their indigenous dress, communicate with the people etc.
- Respect and thank your hosts for the welcome.
- Offer a hand of friendship. Smile and extend a sincere greeting to the people you meet along your travels.
- Encourage others to travel the world in peace
The Moroccan Association of Ibn Battuta, in this regard, is putting up a travel festival on November 9th to 12th 2017 entitled International Festival of Ibn Battuta. Now on its second edition, the event will carry the theme, “Travelers, the Ambassadors of Peace.”
The celebration aims to showcase the legacy of Ibn Battuta and his contributions in the field of geography and travel literature. In line with the ideas presented by Ibn Battuta after his 30 years of travels, the festival also seeks to establish awareness on the many benefits of traveling which creates a good chance to discover the earth and its natural beauty and the many diverse world cultures. Ibn Battuta hopes that people traveling will develop a deeper understanding, foster mutual respect, and appreciation of every individual’s uniqueness.
Ibn Battuta encourages each of us to be the Traveler that Spreads Peace.
Harmony and peace bloom when there is goodness. If there is a lesson to be learned from Ibn Battuta’s long journey, it is that together, if we live in harmony, working hand in hand, people of Muslim and Christians faiths, we make this world a much better home.
Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/MohamedDekkak1