Engineering works for Dubai International Airport and Dubai World Central- Al Maktoum International Airport has been floated for engineering consultants to bid to pre-qualify for such projects.
Dubai Aviation Engineering Projects divided the projects into 7 packages/ categories as follows:
- 1. Interior fit-out projects, such as airport/airline lounges, offices, and other passenger facilities, with values between AED5-10m ($1.4m-$2.7m).
- 2. General airport support facilities, such as maintenance sheds, fire stations, and hangers, with value between AED10m-200m ($2.7m-$54.5m).
- 3. Specialized airport facilities, such as cargo handling facilities, with value between AED10m-200m ($2.7m-$54.5m)($2.7m-$54.5m).
- 4. Specialized airport facilities, such as terminals and concourses, with value over AED200m ($54.5m).
- 5. Airport infrastructure projects, such as runways, stands, and navigation systems.
- 6. Specialized airport systems, including SAS, BHS, MHS, and IT infrastructure.
- 7. Operational readiness, transition and compliance assistance with civil aviation regulations.
Validating of relevant experience for each category selected is a compulsory for interested bidders to pre-qualify. Submission of interest will last until September 18, 2013 only.
The Dubai International Airport opened for business in 1960 and as per Airports Council International; it is one of the top three busiest airports in the world and the busiest in the Middle East.
Dubai International Airport is the first to join the Airport Services Quality (ASQ), which qualifies airports on advanced technologies and processes among other airports in the Middle East.