French aviation company to set up construction unit in Morocco

Home  /  News  /  French aviation company to set up construction unit in Morocco

Founded in 2004 and based in Melun-Villaroche, the French company LH Aviation will open its first construction facility in Morocco,

The aircraft, which will be called LH-10M, is a two-seat plane especially designed to fully adapt to operate in different environments in Africa.

The aircraft, which will be called LH-10M, is a two-seat plane especially designed to fully adapt to operate in different environments in Africa.

according to Maghreb Arab Press on Friday.

The light aircraft manufacturer will receive financing from businessman Bennani-Karim who will be investing more than € 10 million to create the unit. The local businessman will own 49% of LH Aviation’s stake and the other 51% will remain with the company.

LH aviation is expected to manufacture 80 aircrafts per year in the local facility using its years of knowledge in the industry and experience in building light aircrafts. The production numbers may also double after some time in operation.

One of the board members of the company stated that once they have made the aircrafts ordered in 2013, they will open 10% of its stake for € 4 million to Moroccan industrial investors.

The aircraft, which will be called LH-10M, is a two-seat plane especially designed to fully adapt to operate in different environments in Africa. It is also often noted that it will be the first one to be entirely made in Morocco. It will be featured and presented for the first time at the Marrakesh Airshow at the Royal Air Force military base from April 23 to 26.

 

Mohamed Dekkak